Allergies in Louisville are like rain in Seattle. I recently read that Louisville was the top "Allergy Hot Spot" in America. This comes as no surprise to me, as I have been again this Spring treating itchy eyes for weeks now. But you might want to know about some ways that you can help reduce the amount your eyes itch.
So, here are some tips:
1) Don't sleep in your contacts! Yes you! If the pollen in the air is making your eyes itch, then trapping that pollen in your contact lens and never removing that from your eye is going to cause even more itching.
2) Actually rub your contacts to clean them when you remove them at night. You wouldn't soak your dishes in your sink over night and then put them away without scrubbing the grime off of them, would you? Rubbing the allergens off keeps them off of your eyes so you can start fresh the next day.
3) Try switching contact lens solutions. Some are better at removing allergens from contacts than others.
4) Change your brand of contacts. Daily Disposable contact lenses are FANTASTIC with allergic eyes.
5) Come in and see me. I am here to help you through the allergy season. Set up an appointment today to see what I can do to help you get through your itchy time.
Just call (502) 897-1604.